I'll never let your PC run slowly again. I promise.
If your PC is running slower than the world’s biggest ship minutes after striking an iceberg, then I want to show you how to get your computer running quickly again. “but how do I speed up my PC without crashing and sinking it? I’m a total Luddite over here!”
If computer technology isn’t your area of expertise, then just follow these top 3 tips that include emptying the recycle bin, stopping unwanted programs from launching at startup, and cleaning your registry with software you can trust. By taking advantage of these quick and simple tips, your computer will start running faster today.
Nobody likes Trash. Not even Your Computer
Each time you think to yourself, “How do I speed up my PC?” you need to take a look at your recycle bin. There’s a good chance that it’s packed full of old files you’ve deleted. for example, maybe it’s that HD version of “Titanic” that you’ve been worried your friends would find. whatever you’re deleting it’s important to note that these files aren’t totally wiped off of your hard drive until you’ve emptied the recycle bin. the more available space on your hard drive, the faster your PC can run.
Here’s how to get it done:
- Find the Recycle Bin on your desktop and double-click.
- If you see files that you want to restore, do so now. Achieve this by right-clicking these files and selecting Restore from the menu items.
- Now you’re ready to empty the trash. Close the Recycle Bin, right-click the icon on your desktop, and select Empty Recycle Bin.
- At the confirmation screen, select “Yes.” the time it takes to fully empty the bin depends on the size of the files you’re deleting. just be patient if it takes a few minutes.
Please Stop Running!
“OK. I’ve emptied my recycle bin. How do I speed up my PC even more?” I thought you’d never ask. the next tip for speeding up your computer is to stop unwanted programs from launching at startup. this helps a lot because programs that don’t automatically run when you start your PC will greatly reduce memory usage. in turn, this speeds up your PC.
Just follow these steps:
- Click Start Menu and move cursor to the Startup folder
- Right-click on any programs you don’t want launching at startup
- Select “Cut”
- Now right-click on your Desktop and select Paste (this will put the shortcut on your desktop)
Restart your computer to confirm unwanted programs aren’t running at startup. Once you know you’re good to go, take those shortcuts on your Desktop, drop them in the Recycle Bin, and empty it.
And My Hard Drive will Go on and On
Just like the main character Rose in the movie Titanic, sometimes you need a helping hand to show you the way. the same holds true if you’re still wondering, “How do I speed up my PC just a bit more?” this is where a registry cleaner can really help by making your computer run even faster. Click Here to Check out the best Registry Cleaner Software Around. Your computer will soon be cruising like the world’s biggest ship through the Atlantic – just keep an eye out for those icebergs!