Computers run fast when it’s new but the older it gets, the slower it performs. this is one of the number one complaints of many computer owners. There’s no need to buy a new PC. All it takes are a few simple steps.
1. Uninstall unneeded programs- Go to Control Panel and select the Add/Remove programs. You will see a list of all the programs currently installed on your computer. Check which ones you use and which one you don’t.
Delete the ones that you rarely use. You’ll be surprised at how much faster your PC has become. by deleting unnecessary programs, you will lighten the load in your hard drive.
2. Delete Unnecessary Files- Another thing that you can do to lighten the load on your hard drive is to delete unnecessary files. this could be music, videos or documents that you do not need anymore.
3. Defrag the System- by defragging your system, you are organizing the files so that it is easier for the computer to find. Go to my Computer and click on Local Disk. Click Tools and you can start defragging from there.
4. Check your RAM capacity- if your RAM capacity is low, then you should try to avoid opening many programs all at the same time. One thing you can do is increase the capacity by buying a RAM with a bigger size.
5. run your Registry Cleaner- Sluggishness of the computer may also be caused by errors from a corrupted registry. Regularly run a scan of your registry to keep it clean and error free.
Though the registry can be scanned manually, it is not advised since it can make matters worse. You can download a registry cleaning software which you can use to safely clean your registry.
This is one of the most important steps in increasing the speed of the computer. most people are not familiar with a registry but a corrupted registry is one of the major causes of a slow performing computer.
Some people also purchase an anti-virus software to protect their computer from viruses and to speed up the computer. While this is also a helpful step in increasing the computer’s performance, it is much better to try these money-free steps first.
The goal here is not only to increase the speed of your computer but also to increase it without spending money. the next time your computer slows down again, just perform these 5 easy steps to get it running like new again.